Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Day After 42Kms and a Bit of News

I planned on going for a short training walk on Monday to test the leg muscles after Sundays 42km hike and I asked my good friend, Mrs G, to join me.

When I woke up on Monday morning, I expected to be in pain and to be hobbling around but, apart from the blisters, my legs were good. No pain at all. I still wanted to go for a walk though, just to make sure. Mrs G arrived at 6pm and we planned on going around the block which is 5 to 6ks but we have a fair bit to catch up on and so extended it slightly. I mapometered the distance when I got home. We covered 7.3ks.

Our fundraising is nearly done! THANK YOU to those that have supported us. I WILL NOT FORGET! We have reached an awesome $18000 and with just $2000 to go, I reckon we have it in the bag. We have some Bivouac Camping gear to raffle off. Hit the links below and let me know if you'd like a $5 raffle ticket:

http://www.bivouac.co.nz/osprey-talon-33-multi-use-pack.html

http://www.bivouac.co.nz/gear/camping-and-tramping/sleeping-mats/pacific-outdoor-peak-oyl-mountain-sleeping-mat.html

http://www.bivouac.co.nz/black-diamond-icon-headtorch.html

http://www.bivouac.co.nz/black-diamond-cosmo-1-2-watt-headlamp.html

Sorry, the raffle is for NZ people only!

Next training walk is Wednesday and we'll do the 5 mountains again. We should have a full team as Suzie has completed her half iron man event. YEAH! She did really well...If only I could swim...alas, this is in the 'too hard basket'.

Good news, I just heard that both my brothers entered the Reading half marathon and both broke the 2 hour mark. I'm SO proud of them as they have both been training hard out for this and have smashed their own records. Fabulous news! xx


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy, do you listen to music while you're training? Let me know where I can get some good sounds.
I'd like a raffle ticket please.
SM

Anonymous said...

Well done to Paul and Steven! That's awesome.

Post a Comment