Thursday, March 25, 2010

Last Training on the Mountains

Well, we are down to our last few days of OXFAM training and as it nears to an end I can't help feel a little sad yet delighted to be getting my weekends and evenings back, at least for a little while.

This evening we covered the normal 5 mountains and on our last hike up Mt Eden, I felt a rush of excitement as if I had crossed the finish line...but not quite...we still have out BIG 50k walk to look forward to on the weekend.

We're almost done, folks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mand... jus thought u might like to know about our little run the other day...After 15 kms Paul was 2 and a half mins ahead of me... but I thought he was way, way behind me.... and I ended up beatin him. He did the last half in 34mins and 17 secs, I did it in 31 mins and 23 secs. Goes to show that ur bit of advice was gd... to run the 2nd half faster.
We'v both entered the St Albans half marathon in June and I've entered Run to the Beat 1/2 in Oct... apparently it has 16 bands playin that r scientifically prooven to enhance performance along the route. Am I gettin healthy or what!
Hope ur all gd as we steal ur summer from u. XX

Anonymous said...

I'll look those links up for St Albans half and your 'Run to the Beat' event - I like the sound of that! Will add them to the Blog if I find them. Thanks.
Keep up with your running. I'm feeling really proud of you guys right now!
xx

Post a Comment